[3830] ARRL 160 VA7ST Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] ARRL 160 VA7ST Single Op LP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Sun, 2 Dec 2012 16:47:34 -0800
                    ARRL 160-Meter Contest

Call: VA7ST
Operator(s): VA7ST
Station: VA7ST

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: BC
Operating Time (hrs):

Total:  QSOs = 132  Sections = 42  Countries = 0  Total Score = 11,088

Club:

Comments:

What a washout at this QTH. Second-worst ever outing. Almost nobody beyond CO
could hear me, but I could hear everyone loud and clear, all having a good time
without me.

100W to a rather Z-shaped "inverted-L" with half a dozen short (40' max)
temporary radials on the lawn just doesn't cut it for top band. As I seem to
say too often, things will be different next time.

This time I mean it. 38 sections is a poor showing when I have room and height
for a proper 160M antenna. No snow here yet in Southern BC and temps are well
above freezing, so antenna season is still technically open. I will have
something better by the Stew.

Thanks to N3UA and N1LN for my only two 4-land contacts. Not a single Q in call
areas 1, 2 or 3.

Missed: KS, CT, EMA, ME, NH, RI, VT, WMA, ENY, NLI, NNJ, NNY, SNJ, VI, WNY, DE,
EPA, MDC, WPA, AL, GA, KY, NFL, PR, SC, SFL, TN, WCF, MS, WTX, PAC (!), OH, WV,
IN, GTA, MB, NL, ONE and QC.

I vow to never again have to type such a long list of missed sections for this
contest.

Thanks to all who held in there to work me this weekend. Lots of great ops and
stations make it a pleasure.

-- Bud VA7ST

Year-over-year:
       QSO     Sec   Score