[3830] ARRL 160 N7GP(N5IA) Single Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, n5ia@zia-connection.com
Subject: [3830] ARRL 160 N7GP(N5IA) Single Op HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Sun, 2 Dec 2012 22:07:01 -0800
                    ARRL 160-Meter Contest

Call: N7GP
Operator(s): N5IA
Station: N5IA

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: AZ - DM52
Operating Time (hrs): 28
Radios: SO2R

Total:  QSOs = 1178  Sections = 81  Countries = 19  Total Score = 266,200

Club: Arizona Outlaws Contest Club

Comments:

First, thanks to all who participated in the contest and provided the Qs in the
log.

The new TX antenna seems to perform well and meets expectations.

The RX antennas are still under evaluation.  Propagation was mixed; longer than
lst week in CQWWCW, but with lots of QRN and very rapid QSB.  I apologize to all
those stations whom I could not pull through noise and fading.

I met my own goals for the contest except the Q count.  I set 1200 Qs, 100
mults and 1/4 million points.  The quantity of JA contacts raised the score
above the goal without reaching the Q count.

Some stats for those who like numbers.  This gives you a view from my part of
the world.

The 0100 hour the first night was the best with 94 in the log.

The poorest hour was the 2nd night; the 1200 hour brought in only 18.

96.6% of the Qs were running; only 3.4% S&P.

This is the highest Section total ever for me because the max is now 83.  I
missed NT and KP4 for the sweep.

Individual highest Section total was a tie; MN & VA with 46.  CO came in 2nd
with 43 and OH was 3rd with 41.  The home State of AZ provided 35 Qs. Thanks
for a great effort from those States.

Of the States with multiple Sections, the BIG winner, as always, was from the
Golden State of California with 110 total Qs.  SV was the biggest contributor
with 19 and SCV was 2nd with 15.  TX was the 2nd greatest total State
contributor with 58 from the 3 Sections.  WA came in 3rd with 43 total from 2
Sections.

Those Sections contributing one solo contact for the mult were DE, MB, NNY, SK
and VI.  NLI & RI contributed 2 each.  All other Sections yielded 3 or more
Qs.

Of the total 1,178 Qs, 1,076 were from K/N/W & VE.  102 Qs were from DX outside
the ARRL & RAC Sections.  I tallied 56 Qs from the RAC area.  JA was, of course,
the largest DX contributor with 77 total Qs over the two nights; 34 the first
night and 33 the 2nd night.

The DX prefix count was;