[3830] ARRL 160 N0YY M/S HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, n0yy@hotmail.com
Subject: [3830] ARRL 160 N0YY M/S HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Mon, 3 Dec 2012 18:35:28 -0800
                    ARRL 160-Meter Contest

Call: N0YY
Operator(s): N0YY
Station: N0YY

Class: M/S HP
QTH: Iowa
Operating Time (hrs): 6.5

Total:  QSOs = 552  Sections = 78  Countries = 14  Total Score = 106,260

Club: Society of Midwest Contesters

Comments:

I have enjoyed 160M contests for years - this was no different.  Yes, band
conditions were tough with the rapid and deep QSB.  But for me, the DX was
better than last year.  And the highlight was CX6VM who was stronger on my
Inverted L than the US stations calling him!  Amazing.

I guess I got a bit surprised by the M/S category using a cluster, but not a
showstopper.  But there were two things that bothered me.  First was all the US
stations sitting in the DX window calling CQ and working US stations.  There is
plenty of band for that - please leave the window for its intended purpose.

Second is aimed at those that just plop on a frequency in use and start calling
CQ.  At least ask first - I may be ready to give it up and move - but a simple
QRL would suffice.  Maybe I'm guilty of snuggling between two stations and
calling CQ, but I ask first.  'nuff said.

Only had limited time so the rate was good and the DX was there.  Getting
called by a couple of them was a nice touch.  But next year I won't use packet
even for the DX spots - I used the knob and tuned up and down the band a few
times and never really made any use of the spots anyway.

A fun few hours!  Thanks for all the Qs.