[3830] ARRL 10 K1TN SO CW HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, jamesdavidcain@gmail.com
Subject: [3830] ARRL 10 K1TN SO CW HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Sun, 9 Dec 2012 15:55:54 -0800
                    ARRL 10-Meter Contest

Call: K1TN
Operator(s): K1TN
Station: K1TN

Class: SO CW HP
QTH: Wisconsin
Operating Time (hrs): 14

   CW:  333    69
  SSB:
-------------------
Total:  333    69  Total Score = 91,908

Club:

Comments:

Missed VT AR NM ID UT WY CO KS ND NS VE2,4,6,8.

Only EU was two EAs. No Asia. 2 ZLs and a KH6. Worked 3 ZS guys!

With all the signal fading, flutter, and general weakness I can't imagine why
anybody would operate this contest on SSB. Maybe if they don't know the code.

Nice opening Friday evening to the southeast and I never worked so many SC --
good showing. Nice openings to W1/2/3 Saturday and Sunday evenings. Openings to
the west coast were brief and generally weak. Good openings to Texas but hardly
anybody on it seemed.

I did what I could with a dipole. TS-590S, KPA500, 84-foot centerfed at 35
feet.

For the record: in 2011 in the six major fall contests I made 3450 QSOs. This
year I made 2509. The deficit was 160M (I have blown off 160M for this year)
and 10M (exactly half the 10M QSOs I had in 2011).

I have uploaded all my contest logs to LotW since 2004.

Jim Cain
At The K1TN Superstation
Frozen Tundra, Wisconsin