[3830] ARRL 10 WN6K SO CW LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, WN6K@sbcglobal.net
Subject: [3830] ARRL 10 WN6K SO CW LP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Sun, 9 Dec 2012 16:20:49 -0800
                    ARRL 10-Meter Contest

Call: WN6K
Operator(s): WN6K
Station: WN6K

Class: SO CW LP
QTH: SDG
Operating Time (hrs): 11

   CW:  426    50
  SSB:
-------------------
Total:  426    50  Total Score = 85,200

Club: Southern California Contest Club

Comments:

After listening and calling (A LOT) on Friday night, I thought that I might
change my class to MM - no not Maritime Mobile but Maunder Minimum -  boy did
the band suck and those electrons kept right on going out to Never Never land.
I know cause a couple of W6s called me from Santa Barbara area. End of Friday I
had 23 Qs and 6 mults.

I was looking to see if there was a Nature Scene Channel on my 405 selections
on TV so I could watch grass grow someplace for excitement.

Next day was a liiiiiiitttle bit better - there was daylight afterall but the
bands still sounded pretty punk. I had a 90Q hour but it was shortlived and
from other reports, so did lots of other folks. End of Saturday my total was
191Qs and 33 mults -Juuuuuust enough to make me come back the next morning.

Some new emerging spots appeared on the western limb and this bode for a bit
more activity - even worked a EU - but was glad that the signals in the US were
more solid (for the most part) and by morning's end, I had all the states in
Districts 1-4 and 8 + 9.  Everything else was in the middle.Worked a few of
those with backscatter (wish more would move antennae about)

Only 3 VE Provincial Entities - BC, PEI and ON and 3 XE States - EMX, PUE and
BAC.  No Hawaii????? I was banging coconuts and everything but no grass skirts
to be found.  On JA on day one's evening but about a dozen I think on Sunday
afternoon.

Quite a bit below the score of last year, so maybe next year...

WN6K, Paul