[3830] ARRL 10 K6CSL SO Mixed LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, k6csl@sbcglobal.net
Subject: [3830] ARRL 10 K6CSL SO Mixed LP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Sun, 9 Dec 2012 18:53:51 -0800
                    ARRL 10-Meter Contest

Call: K6CSL
Operator(s): K6CSL
Station: K6CSL

Class: SO Mixed LP
QTH: CA/SJV
Operating Time (hrs): 14:00

   CW:  84     34
  SSB:   4      7
-------------------
Total:  88     37  Total Score = 12,654

Club: Northern California Contest Club

Comments:

Absolutely Dismal. Less than half of my score from last year. On top of it I
made a terrible error in hoping that going "mixed" would possibly give me some
more mults. When I consider that I did 182 in 53 mults for 38,584 last year. We
also had some family visiting over the weekend, which detracted from my devotion
to having my butt in the chair. Last year I did 22:55 on the air time. I don't
think the difference in time would have made any difference. Saturday was
really bad. The 10 hours I put in, before the band closed early, was only 40
contacts. Sunday was only slightly better, where some faster rates made up for
time I lingered with our house guest, our recently widowed brother in law. I'm
hoping that this weekend is not an omen of the contest year to come, since it
is beginning to look as if the already anemic solar cycle will just continue
its further decline. It is beginning to look like the "low bands" may be the
best place to our investment. We wish you all a Merry Christmas and New Year
season. Bert, K6CSL