[3830] ARRL 10 VE7XF SO CW HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] ARRL 10 VE7XF SO CW HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Sun, 9 Dec 2012 19:25:59 -0800
                    ARRL 10-Meter Contest

Call: VE7XF
Operator(s): VE7XF
Station: VE7XF

Class: SO CW HP
QTH: near Vancouver
Operating Time (hrs): 12.5

   CW:  838    86
  SSB:
-------------------
Total:  838    86  Total Score = 288,272

Club: Orca DX and Contest Club

Comments:

Man, I thought the CQ WW CW was sparse!

I had an alarm/operator malfunction on Saturday morning, missed my 7:30 alarm,
and didn't wake up until 9:30. By the time I hit the band, it was wide open to
the east coast, and I dove right in. Who knows what great mults I missed?
I had some great runs, but not much from anything outside NA, and zippo from EU
 - the closest I got was EA8 (both days)! Saturday provided no XE, JA or other
AS, but a few VK/ZL, and the band lost its enthusiasm for even NA after noon.

Sunday was better - the alarm clock worked, and I filled in a few NA/SA mults.
Again, nothing from AS except a few JA, and the VK/ZLs returned.
I worked everything I heard, except for the AH0 with 15 minutes to go :-(

QSOs: K:667, VE:63, JA:18, LU:16, PY:14, XE:11, ZL:11, VK:9, CX:5, CE:4, etc..
Overall country mults: AF:3, AS:1, EU:0, NA:9, OC:2, SA:10

I'll be in PY1 (with no radio) for the RAC 'test, so Victor (VA2WA) can sleep
in and still take home first prize :-)

K3+P3, AL-1200, 3el Steppir, N1MM

Ralph, VE7XF