[3830] ARRL 10 VE7JH(@VE7UF) SO CW HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, ve7jh@rac.ca
Subject: [3830] ARRL 10 VE7JH(@VE7UF) SO CW HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Sun, 9 Dec 2012 19:41:25 -0800
                    ARRL 10-Meter Contest

Call: VE7JH
Operator(s): VE7JH
Station: VE7UF

Class: SO CW HP
QTH: Courtenay, BC
Operating Time (hrs): 23

   CW: 1110    90
  SSB:
-------------------
Total: 1110    90  Total Score = 399,600

Club:

Comments:

A week before the contest Duane, VE7UF invited me to use his station. Who could
say no to an ICOM756PROIII and an Alpha 76 amp with a solid kW and the choice
of nine 10m antennas?
I used two independent arryas of 3/3/3 of TH6's, one on a 170' the other on the
150' tower. Being able to switch directions instantly turned out to be a great
asset when alternating between New England and South America.

The contest started at 4PM local time Friday here on Vancouver Island. Right
around 3PM JM7OLW faded out and that was it for DX that evening. I struggled
for the first 3 hours and made 24 QSOs.

Saturday the band opened just after sunrise at 15Z first to South America then
also to the East Coast. Had some good W/VE runs, best hour was 18Z with 165
QSOs. Then, like clockwork at 00Z the band closed. I only worked 1 JA on
Saturday and I'm pretty sure I screwed up the serial number (sorry JE1CKA).

Sunday the band woke up again around 15Z but this time it stayed open to the
East Coast, Central and South America almost till the end. The faithful JA
opening finally arrived at around 22:30 with quite a few VK/ZL/Pacific
sprinkled in.

Mults: US: 45 (missed ND, DE, SD, AR, WY and AK)
       VE: 9 (missed LB, MB, NU, NWT and YT)
       XE: 10 (AGS, BCS, DFE, EMX, GTO, HGO, JAL, NLE, TAM and ZAC)
       Plus 26 DXCC.

This was first 10m contest from a serious station and boy what a difference!
Thanks to all who called, and to VE7UF for the superb hospitality.