[3830] ARRL 10 KD0S M/S HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, wd0t@mncomm.com
Subject: [3830] ARRL 10 KD0S M/S HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Sun, 9 Dec 2012 21:59:25 -0800
                    ARRL 10-Meter Contest

Call: KD0S
Operator(s): KD0S, WD0T
Station: KD0S

Class: M/S HP
QTH: SD
Operating Time (hrs): 23

   CW:  285    78
  SSB:  317    68
-------------------
Total:  602   146  Total Score = 259,004

Club:

Comments:

Friday nite started out OK, with about 90 Q's in the log, some Es..  Saturday
was a grind in the morning, pockets of Es, No Eu, and then came the SA Qso
party!! Worked a ton of South American stations, bless them for being on!  Also
some central American and Carribean stations. They were around until late
afternoon, then a good Es opening with decent runs..

Sunday was better in terms of a small Eu opening, more Es stateside, and SA
opening again..  Still overall best hour was around 80 Q's late afternoon on
Saturday, otherwise a few hours around 60 Q's, and many 40 Q or less hours,
with some under 20.. LOT of work, the band would sound like it was going to
take off and really didnt..  We never did work out to the west coast solidly, I
think only a couple WA stations and no Oregon.. We were hoping that the band
would be good this year, but looks like will have to wait another year to see
how things go.

Wanted to give the second radio a go with its antennsa, but the conditions were
too light to really make good use of it, so just 1 radio and 2 ops.

Equipment: FT1KMK5field, AL-1500 amp, 3 tribanders, 2 at 90ft, 1 at 60ft, fed
separately or in combination.

Thanks to Jim KD0S and Shari for letting me invade for the weekend to play
radio, still a great time and fun to do M/O with Jim!.

73 Todd WD0T for the KD0S team.