[3830] ARRL 160 NG7A Single Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] ARRL 160 NG7A Single Op HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Tue, 11 Dec 2012 02:40:08 -0800
                    ARRL 160-Meter Contest

Call: NG7A
Operator(s): NG7A
Station: NG7A

Class: Single Op HP
QTH:
Operating Time (hrs): 6.9

Total:  QSOs = 122  Sections = 19  Countries = 16  Total Score = 15,616

Club: Yankee Clipper Contest Club

Comments:

Part time effort: Had fun digging out some EU and South Africa.  Missed the
opening to JA and VK on Sunday.

Did more running in this contest.   Practiced dividing attention (for future
SO2R ops) by studying a recurrency class unrelated to ham radio and conversing
with the XYL while running.  Biggest challange: copying local stations when my
radio RF gain set all the way up with narrow filters.  Between the filter
ringing, overload and iono-bounce, my radio made sounds I've never heard
before.  Thanks to three stations in particular for their patience.

Equipment:
FT-950
L4B
Hex-beam 25 feet up