[3830] RAC Winter VE7RAC(@VE7IO) M/M HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] RAC Winter VE7RAC(@VE7IO) M/M HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Sat, 29 Dec 2012 19:44:16 -0800
                    RAC Winter Contest

Call: VE7RAC
Operator(s): VE7IO, VA7QB, VE7AXU, VE7GM, VE7JT, VE7OFH, VE7WJ
Station: VE7IO

Class: M/M HP
QTH: SURREY
Operating Time (hrs): 23.19

  160:
   80:  124    123       8         8
   40:   57    131       6        12
   20:   90    367       5        12
   15:  195      0       6         0
   10:   58     23       6         2
    6:    0      0       0         0
    2:    0      0       0         0
Total:  524    644      31         3  Total Score = 433,752

Club: Orca DX and Contest Club

Comments:

We all had a great time in the contest with some good runs on both SSB and CW.
We were given the use of the call VE7RAC and operated from VE7IO's station.
Having the bonus point call was a definite advantage and we experienced some
nice pile-ups keeping the ops busy.

Thanks to the op who posted "VE7RAC rx problem?" it was then that we realized
that there was something wrong as we were not hearing the stations that did the
posts.  It turned out to be PBT way out of adjustment from the previous op who
was operating phone. A re-adjustment of the PBT to normal settings made the
entire 20 meter band come alive.

Thanks to all the stations who are out there and make these contests so much
fun.

73
Fred VE7IO