[3830] TBDC N1EN Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, mda@n1en.org
Subject: [3830] TBDC N1EN Single Op LP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Sun, 30 Dec 2012 05:31:04 -0800
                    Stew Perry Topband Challenge

Call: N1EN
Operator(s): N1EN
Station: N1EN

Class: Single Op LP
QTH:
Operating Time (hrs):

Total:  QSOs = 95  Total Score = 378

Club: Yankee Clipper Contest Club

Comments:

Second-highest point of the evening: Hearing plenty of DX quite well, even in
spite of the storm.

Low point of the evening: Seeing my usual 160m antenna, a 160m Carolina Windom
zig-zagged through trees at the back of my lot, with the bottom of the vertical
section dragging on the ground, have its SWR turn nasty as snow accumulated.

High point of the evening: Discovering that the random wire I had chucked out
among trees, mostly for shortwave receive and to get slingshot practice, works
pretty darn well as a top band antenna.

Best DX of the night: RL3A.   Heard CE1/K7CA a few times, but was usually
unable to get through the pile.