[3830] TBDC KE3X Multi-Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, kenlow7@aol.com
Subject: [3830] TBDC KE3X Multi-Op HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Sun, 30 Dec 2012 06:51:37 -0800
                    Stew Perry Topband Challenge

Call: KE3X
Operator(s): KE3X, N6AN
Station: KE3X

Class: Multi-Op HP
QTH: Washington, DC
Operating Time (hrs): 6

Total:  QSOs = 209  Total Score = 620

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Comments:

David, N6AN was visiting DC this weekend - nice to team up for a Multi-Single
for the first time since we did CQWW from Mexico City back in in 1992.   Wow 20
years went by fast!  The weekend was mostly spent sightseeing but we made some
QSO's in the Stew to test a new Diamond Coaxial Loop RX antenna for 80/160
(KC2TX design).

Preliminary results showed the loop was louder than the pennant, but to hear
the weak ones the TX antenna Inverted-L was still best in relatively quiet
conditions.  Still needs some more testing in various conditions and turning on
a rotator to fully evaluate it.

Farthest DX was RL3A, also a handful of other Europeans plus CE1/K7CA.  Mostly
S&P, just a little running.   Thanks for the Q's,

Ken

- FT-1000MP with ALpha 76A
- TX Ant:  Inverted L at 50 feet
- RX Ants: Coaxial Loop, Pennant NE