[3830] TBDC W7RH Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] TBDC W7RH Single Op LP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Sun, 30 Dec 2012 07:14:14 -0800
                    Stew Perry Topband Challenge

Call: W7RH
Operator(s): W7RH
Station: W7RH

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: AZ
Operating Time (hrs): 10

Total:  QSOs = 280  Total Score = 1,901

Club: Arizona Outlaws Contest Club

Comments:

Mother nature has a strange way of doing things her own way. Conditions were
fair going into the contest with a quiet sun and relatively low solar wind. But
that all changed and progressively got worse.. At times there were big dark
holes from W7. DX was very scarce in 6 and 7 land.

Just days before there was the seasons best opening to Europe. A few heard here
in the test but hardly at a workable signal level.. Only a few JA's most likely
due to dateline and no other Asian DX was heard.

There is hope in all of this. Solar activity is well below average estimates
and it looks like the peak is either now or sometime in 2013. I think a bunch
of us are spoiled by the last solar minimum!

All in all still a great contest. I find it much easier to do one night rather
than two..

73

Bob W7RH