[3830] TBDC K8MFO Single Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, k8mfo@aol.com
Subject: [3830] TBDC K8MFO Single Op HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Sun, 30 Dec 2012 07:31:19 -0800
                    Stew Perry Topband Challenge

Call: K8MFO
Operator(s): K8MFO
Station: K8MFO

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: EN-90 Ohio
Operating Time (hrs): 8

Total:  QSOs = 262  Total Score = 1,014

Club: East Lansing DX Club

Comments:

What a great way to spend 8 hours on a wintry night in Amish Ohio.  My intention
was to operate about 4 hours, but I got caught up in the fun, and I continued
until N1MM said I had 1000 points.  To honor Stew, I used a 1941 McElroy bug,
which was made in Boston, just like Stew Perry!   For the first several QSOs I
actually used a 1925 Vibroplex, which was used for 80 years by recent SK friend
W8VSK.    The McElroy came from another OLD TIMER, Pat - N9RV !!!  The only
other bug CW I heard came from pal Ralph - K8RYU, who uses one every single
day.      Conditions were fair with a number of Europeans worked.  KH6LC was
also worked, as well as many West Coast stations.   It was terrific to hear
KV4FZ (old W0VXO) and W0AIH, still pouring it on after so many years.   Herb
and Paul were worked in the first CQ 160 Contest, many years ago.    Thanks for
all of the fun guys.   Happy New Year.    Don K8MFO