[3830] NCCC Sprnt Lad K6VVA LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, post3833@k6vva.com
Subject: [3830] NCCC Sprnt Lad K6VVA LP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Thu, 17 Jan 2013 20:16:23 -0800
                    NCCC Sprint Ladder - Jan 18

Call: K6VVA
Operator(s): K6VVA
Station: K6VVA

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: Locust Peak (Remote)
Operating Time (hrs): .5
Radios: SO2R

  160:   3      1
   80:   8      5
   40:  23     13
   20:  21     15
   15:
   10:
-------------------
Total:  55     34  Total Score = 1,870

Club: Northern California Contest Club

Comments:

With 31 Q's at :45, I was hoping to finally have a 60 Q night but that didn't
happen.  There sure were some MONSTER signals on 20m tonight !!! Once I got to
80m it was all downhilld ;-(

The Locust Peak Remote was QRT when I returned from C6 late Tuesday Night, but
fortunately a neighbor rode up with me in the late afternoon today to check
things out.  We managed to navigate past the rockslides and I discovered Mr.
Murphy had trashed one of the solar panel interface widgets that also had the
weenie inverter attached powering the remote Netgear switch. I QSY'd it to the
other unit, but am now 3 solar panels down in terms of power input to the
battery bank.

It looked like I would have enough battery power to do the NSL, but I don't
think the company that makes the special multi-purpose widget is still in
business.  Gotta figure something out.

Before leaving, I happened to look up at 'Monobander Lane' (the build out of
that is 3 years behind), and noticed the other A3S tribander on a crank up mast
used to do A/B testing for final antenna height determination had fallen over
and the A3S elements on one side trashed  - www.k6vva.com/a3sdown.jpg ... a
take-off on 'Blackhawk Down' ;-(  It appears critters chewed through the 5/16
Dacron line used to temporarily guy the mast with the A3S which was at only
about 17 feet above ground.  More repair work now for the lengthy 'To Do List'
;-(

Now for my usual 'Crusade' (Rant).  VERY FEW PEOPLE below 14.040 tonight again
;-(  Jumped for joy when I heard Andy, N2NT, CQ'ing around 038. I wasted
several minutes CQ'ing below 040 with no replies ;-(  Sure wish we could solve
the 'FEAR OF GOING BELOW 040' PROBLEM.

Tnx again for all those who showed up in the LQP Sandbox (K7NV-ism) last night.
 21 logs have been received so far, and the list as of 7:52PM (PDT) tonight is
now up at http://www.k6vva.com/lqp .

73 & Tnx for the Q's & Mults...

Rick, K6VVA * The Locust