[3830] NAQP SSB NW3H Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, nw3h@verizon.net
Subject: [3830] NAQP SSB NW3H Single Op LP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Sat, 19 Jan 2013 21:24:58 -0800
                    North American QSO Party, SSB - January

Call: NW3H
Operator(s): NW3H
Station: NW3H

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: Skippack, PA
Operating Time (hrs): 5.5

  160:    0     0
   80:   25    14
   40:   66    32
   20:   51    26
   15:   56    16
   10:   22    13
-------------------
Total:  220   101  Total Score = 22,220

Club: Frankford Radio Club

Team:

Comments:

Conditions were once again in a word, yuck!  Down tremendously from the January
2012 NAQP and last weeks great conditions during NAQP CW.  Score was 50% lower
than last years and total QSOs down 118.  Besides the poor conditions, my
Cushcraft R-8 vertical antenna is currently missing its top section which blew
off during a wind storm after three years of use.  Have not made the fix.  The
weird thing is that the antenna's performance is impacted on 40 SSB and 10 CW
but on 20 SSB and CW the antenna works better on that band then it ever did
completely assembled.  Hope to get the antenna down and fixed before ARRL CW.
This is my last contest until then.  Also, my two daughters (5 months and 3 in
March) did not want to nap today so that took about an hour of air time away
from me today when 20 and 15 were open big time to the west coast. That always
hurts but Daddy duty calls.  My dipole helped on 40 and 80 during the night
time hours and my vertical still made some west coast contacts even though it
is compromised at this point.  Still tunes up so it works for now. Turned in
early a little after midnight as I developed a bad phone contest headache.
Thanks to all the stations for the QSOs!  73