[3830] NAQP SSB N6ZFO Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] NAQP SSB N6ZFO Single Op LP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Sat, 19 Jan 2013 23:17:22 -0800
                    North American QSO Party, SSB - January

Call: N6ZFO
Operator(s): N6ZFO
Station: N6ZFO

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: CA
Operating Time (hrs): 10

  160:   28     6
   80:   95    21
   40:  109    36
   20:  143    47
   15:  168    44
   10:  389    38
-------------------
Total:  932   192  Total Score = 178,944

Club: Northern California Contest Club

Team: NCCC #2

Comments:

A dismal slog through noise and QRM; all-in-all a disappointing effort, although
it was a personal best for this contest, bettering my 156,200 score from 2004.
As with CW, 10 meters was too seductive. .. stations just kept coming and
coming, and it was hard to stop. A TX station on 20 told me he had found only
19 stations to work on 10m all day.  Pleased that VE8GER called on 10m
mid-afternoon for the NT mult. Given the impending 80m disaster, I'm not sorry
to have milked 10m for all it was worth.   Nothing worked on 80 east of about
Chicago.. but interestingly some of the several KH6's worked on 80m were S-9.

Special thanks to Ron, K6KYJ, who graciously sacrificed many minutes of his
operating time in moving from 40 to 20 for  the rare CA multiplier. Ron is
about the closest station to me here at Clear Lake. I was able to move several
East Coast/NE mults from 15 to 10 meters successfully thus avoiding a low mult
count on 10m.   SD and maybe VT were, I think, the only missed states. I was
going to ask the NH stations to QSY to VT, but decided it was a not too funny
joke.

73 Bill N6ZFO