[3830] NAQP SSB KI0I/0 Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] NAQP SSB KI0I/0 Single Op LP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Sun, 20 Jan 2013 07:51:15 -0800

Band    QSOs    Pts  Sec
   3.5     123     123   41    0
     7     128     128   35    1
    14      79      79   31    2
    21      68      68   19    1
    28      13      13    4    1
 Total     411     411  130    5
Score: 55,485
Since I'm just not a big ssb contest guy ,I took a 706 icom out to the woods
and operated from a battery and a small generator to recharge once in a while.
A Fantastic Jan. day here with temps around sixty and bright sunshine.The
Carolina windom strung in the trees seemed to work well with many good reports
and only a few stations I had to give up on calling.
10m had only a few loud sigs here,15 was real good but a wire antenna is not a
player on 10 thru 20. 40m and 80m were the good stuff here but had a s9 noise
on 80m that made weaker sigs hard to copy.(maybe computer or power supply
noise? I was more than a quarter mile from nearest power line!)
All in all a lot of fun and always nice to hear a voice behind the calls we
work on CW often.
Thanks to the contest organizers for a great job and all their work.These
events don't happen by themselves.
73 Mark KI0I