[3830] NAQP SSB KE4VH Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, KE4VH@arrl.org
Subject: [3830] NAQP SSB KE4VH Single Op LP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Sun, 20 Jan 2013 08:03:39 -0800
                    North American QSO Party, SSB - January

Call: KE4VH
Operator(s): PAT
Station: KE4VH

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: FM19ha Northern VA
Operating Time (hrs): 8

  160:
   80:    5     3
   40:  131    36
   20:   36    14
   15:   19    10
   10:
-------------------
Total:  191    63  Total Score = 12,033

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Team:

Comments:

Pretty rusty after ten years of inactivity, and foolishly tried to operate from
a home office that doesn't have room for my regular radios, so I squeezed my
FT-857 onto a corner of the desk. Needless to say, the 857 isn't exactly
designed for contesting.

Mostly hunt and pounce, but had a pretty good run on 40 in the evening. Need a
serious antenna upgrade. An Alpha Delta parallel dipole and G5RV Jr. aren't
nearly high enough, but the G5RV is still pretty effective on 40. Materials for
an 80m horizontal loop need to move out of their box in the basement and into
the air!

Seemed to have a pipeline into MN, TX, FL and GA. Noise level made things tough
sometimes.

Power limit in NAQP helps level the playing field a bit for those of us with
CC&R burdens, and who always have to make do with 100w and a wire.

Much to learn, and more experience to gain. Thanks to all who were patient with
me!