[3830] CQ160 CW W8AV Single Op Assisted HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, w8av@aol.com
Subject: [3830] CQ160 CW W8AV Single Op Assisted HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Sun, 27 Jan 2013 08:33:37 -0800
                    CQ 160-Meter Contest, CW

Call: W8AV
Operator(s): W8AV
Station: W8AV

Class: Single Op Assisted HP
QTH: Ohio
Operating Time (hrs): 4:35

Total:  QSOs = 101  State/Prov = 8  Countries = 43  Total Score = 45,441

Club: Mad River Radio Club

Comments:

Very limited operating time this year due to the fact that my XYL and I had too
many things to do over the weekend.  So I decided that I would concentrate on
the DX and not run any stations.  Out of 101 QSO's only 10 were with W/VE
mainly to say hi to friends.  Had a lot of fun working the DX.

Conditions on the first night to EU were quite good here as I could easily work
the second tier of EU on the band.  The second night seemed to have pretty good
propagagtion as well but I had already worked out most of the EU stations on
the first night.  Missed KL7, OH0, IS0 that I know of.  Heard SK7DX calling CQ
but could not get him to hear me.

Thanks to C4N and ER5AA for hanging in there to pull my call out.  Both were
weak here and both had QRM and QRN on their ends.