[3830] CQ160 CW N4KG Single Op Assisted LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, N4KG@AOL.com
Subject: [3830] CQ160 CW N4KG Single Op Assisted LP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Sun, 27 Jan 2013 12:23:59 -0800
                    CQ 160-Meter Contest, CW

Call: N4KG
Operator(s): N4KG
Station: N4KG

Class: Single Op Assisted LP
QTH: ALA
Operating Time (hrs): 7

Total:  QSOs = 250  State/Prov = 42  Countries = 19  Total Score = 43,127

Club: Alabama Contest Group

Comments:

Only worked Saturday night from 7pm to 2am CDT with one break.

Ran Barefoot at 70-100 Watts output depending on how well the lousy Molex power
connector was engaging contact on the back of the radio.  Molex Connectors lose
contact tension due to heating, especially after RTTY Contests!

Only used my inverted L up 80 ft (150 ft ESE of a 130 ft tower which probably
acts as a sub-optimal reflector beaming towards ZS.  ALL of my Beverages were
broken by falling trees in the last 2 years Storms/Tornadoes.  Someone recently
bought the woods to the NE where I had Beverages at 45 and 60 degrees so I will
need to come up with some new RX Antennas.

Missed ALL of W7 except for 4 AZ stations - where were they Saturday?
Missed SD and ND (heard a weak SD stn doing S&P)

I was surprised and pleased to work 19 countries with LP, including 9 in EU.
CE1/K7CA was S9 on my meter at times.  RI1ANF also had a good signal (and
pileup).

Tom N4KG in North Alabama