[3830] CQ160 CW NQ4I Multi-Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, ve7zo@hotmail.com
Subject: [3830] CQ160 CW NQ4I Multi-Op HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Sun, 27 Jan 2013 13:39:43 -0800
                    CQ 160-Meter Contest, CW

Call: NQ4I
Operator(s): K4BAI, W4IX, VE7ZO
Station: NQ4I

Class: Multi-Op HP
QTH: Griffin, GA
Operating Time (hrs): 35

Total:  QSOs = 1508  State/Prov = 58  Countries = 68  Total Score = 660,744

Club: South East Contest Club

Comments:

First off, thanks to station owner Rick who was unfortunately overseas on work
commitments and was unable to operate with us during this yearâ??s test.
However, he was able to make some refinements to the normal M/M configuration
to give us a multiplier operating position with a 1/4 wave vertical that worked
flawlessly during the weekend.

Compared to recent conditions on 160, conditions were good but not outstanding.
  Although Asia was easily workable in the weeks leading up to the contest, we
did not work a JA on either night.  JH4UYB was audible early on Saturday but
that was the only time we heard JA.  We did work NH0Z Saturday morning and
RU0FM Sunday for our only far eastern Q.  On the plus side we did work both VK
and ZL which is rare.  The European openings were enjoyable on both nights with
Saturday evening being somewhat better and allowed us make some critical EU
country Qâ??s to bolster the multiplier count.  Signals did not peak strongly
and it seemed that a fair amount of work was required to secure each Q in the
log.

Domestically, conditions were good with widespread activity and we worked all
of the states and provinces we were going to work on Saturday.   Our first hour
of 169 was a station best for this contest.  Ended up missing VE5, VO2, VY1,
VE8.

Thanks for all who were able to dig our signal out of the noise and look
forward to seeing everyone in the ARRL DX CW test.

vy 73, Jim VE7ZO