[3830] BARTG Sprint VA2UP SO Expert HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] BARTG Sprint VA2UP SO Expert HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Sun, 27 Jan 2013 18:53:05 -0800
                    BARTG RTTY Sprint

Call: VA2UP
Operator(s): VA2UP
Station: VA2UP

Class: SO Expert HP
QTH: Lasalle
Operating Time (hrs): 14
Radios: SO2R

------------
   80:   61
   40:  245
   20:  337
   15:  389
   10:   13
------------
Total: 1045  Mults = 83  Continents = 6  Total Score = 520,410

Club: Contest Group du Quebec

Comments:

Still recovering from what I hope will be the 'coldest week' of the year with
temps ranging all the way to -30C and -40C windshield all week. Brain obviously
frozen I got to the station at 12:00 GMT sharp just to find bands fairly closed.
I think I attemped my first run well past the first hour into the contest.
Finally things warmed up (a bit) and I was able to turn the antennas without
risking rotor damage. I gave it a shot and for 3 or 4 hours I enjoyed pretty
steady and fun runs but I guess the high A and K index didn't play for us up
here. Only worked 2 JAs and simply couldn't hear the rest of them. Decided that
I had my share of fun for this one and pulled the plug early saturday evening.
Noticed a bunch of 'new' stations out there, very nice,  oh and for next time,
when the rules say 'no RST' that means you should not send 599, it's easier to
copy your real exchange like that. It would be good to read the rules before
every contest...I've seen Mike GMH being asked to send GMT 4 digit time by
someone and under the insistance of the other station he actually did ha ha!!
Too much!
Look forward to WPX with hopefully better conditions.
Thanks all for the Qs and Bartg for holding the contest.
73, Fabi va2up