[3830] CQ160 CW EY8MM Single Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, ey8mm@ey8mm.com
Subject: [3830] CQ160 CW EY8MM Single Op HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Mon, 28 Jan 2013 08:42:44 -0800
                    CQ 160-Meter Contest, CW

Call: EY8MM
Operator(s): EY8MM
Station: EY8MM

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: MM48JN
Operating Time (hrs): 26.5

Total:  QSOs = 1165  State/Prov = 6  Countries = 77  Total Score = 904,036

Club:

Comments:

This year condx was not as good as I hoped. Few technical problems with BV
during contest badly affected my RX ability. Two BV was not working most of the
contest. Murphy law hit me suddenly as I have checked all antennas before
contest. Used backup PA this year which is just a little more than 1000 Watts
when mains power gets to normal voltage.

Setup:
Vertical Quad with reflector screen to EU/NA @ 50 meters.
Half Square East-West @ 55 m.
Beverages 320, 240, 160 m long. 6 directions.
Elecraft K3, PA 1 KW.

I missed last two years of WW 160 so was very happy to be back. Even my station
did not operate on full capability I had a lot of fun.

Most of time I spent calling CQ with rare S&P when I was pushed from frequency
by deaf CQer.

As usual highlights of the contest for me are DX stations who pull out my
signal on the crowded band and answered my CQ: VU2BGS, ZL1BYZ, 9M6YBG, YC0LOW,
KH2/N2NL, VK3EW, VK6LW, OY9JD, 4U1ITU, ZS6EZ and many others.

Missed few mults which I heard: KH6, FM, HK. Better luck next time!

Best RX award goes to PJ2T and N2NT this year! :)

CU WW 160 2014!

73, Nodir EY8MM

www.ey8mm.com