[3830] CQ160 CW ES5RR(ES2RR) Single Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, toivo.hallikivi@gmail.com
Subject: [3830] CQ160 CW ES5RR(ES2RR) Single Op HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Mon, 28 Jan 2013 11:39:24 -0800
                    CQ 160-Meter Contest, CW

Call: ES5RR
Operator(s): ES2RR
Station: ES5TV

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: Jogeva
Operating Time (hrs): 30
Radios: SO2R

Total:  QSOs = 1568  State/Prov = 32  Countries = 84  Total Score = 1,084,484

Club:

Comments:

Several members of the ES9C multi-op team were not able to participate and I had
a chance to work this one as a single-op for the first time. Had two FT-5000's
and two 4-squares to play with so I decided to try inband SO2R. Made 131 S&P
QSOs with the second radio out of the total of 1625 (with dupes). Finding mults
in the QRM without cluster/skimmer was tough even with the second radio. Tried
to call several Caribbean and South American multipliers on  Saturday but
couldn't brake the pile-ups, then decided it was a waste of time and
concentrated more on run and just picked up QSO's with the second radio.
Luckily most multipliers called me and I ended up working only 11 mults on
S&P.

Openings to NA were nice but short on both days, worked a total of 160 W/VE
stations, mostly East Coast but even one AZ with a big signal!

Propagation to the East was more or less OK. Worked 39 JA'a and a number of
interesting mults from APAC. Especially Sunday night proved to be very
productive when during a decent JA-run within an hour and a half I was called
by KH2, KH0, HL, DU, BV, two UA0's and a couple of VK's.

QRM made the copying often difficult as no separate Rx-antenna was used. My
apologies to those who had to send multiple repeats or who I missed
completely.

Thanks to all for the QSOs and many thanks to ES5TV for letting me use his
QTH!

73, Toivo, ES2RR