[3830] CQ160 CW DM0B Multi-Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, dk6xz@t-online.de
Subject: [3830] CQ160 CW DM0B Multi-Op HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Tue, 29 Jan 2013 04:03:38 -0800
                    CQ 160-Meter Contest, CW

Call: DM0B
Operator(s): DL3YM DK9IP DK6XZ
Station: DM0B

Class: Multi-Op HP
QTH: Rastatt, SG Stern
Operating Time (hrs): 35

Total:  QSOs = 1250  State/Prov = 37  Countries = 60  Total Score = 643,692

Club: Bavarian Contest Club

Comments:

Rick NQ4I was to the business trip in south-west Germany these days and we
invited him to join us. However he needed to change his flight planes quickly,
so we were not able to host him for the contest. A real pity, it would have
been very nice...

We are a bit short on DXCC mults, but we were simply not able to hear many of
spotted stations, probably while located in an industry zone. 2 x K3
intelocked, 50m Inv L (VH=~30m) & 1/4 WL sloper, 90m Beverage N/W and a 130m
BOG N/E, helped up to get 179 NA stations (14,3%) and 2,3% AS (no single JA) in
the log. 83% EU.

No big issues with QRM; K3 was good always to find a clear spot in the
spectrum. We tested for the first time Beverage On the Ground (BOG) which seems
to be an interesting and specially behaving antenna that we will go on using. It
surprisingly improved well our RX capabilities to the east. RI1ANF was
relatively strong. Other goodies: 6Y, FM, HZ, KP2, PJ2, TF and a few more. Many
thanks everybody for the QSOs.

We were motivated by coming close to DR4A score in a certain moment, but the
night SA/SO made the difference. Congrats to our Germany competitors and all
other top scorers!

On behalf of the DM0B Team
SG Stern Rastatt

73 Suad, DK6XZ