[3830] NA Sprint CW N4KG HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, N4KG@AOL.com
Subject: [3830] NA Sprint CW N4KG HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Sat, 2 Feb 2013 21:42:54 -0800
                    NA Sprint CW Contest - February

Call: N4KG
Operator(s): N4KG
Station: N4KG

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: ALA
Operating Time (hrs): 3.5

   80:   74    1:17
   40:   78    1:22
   20:   47    0:50
---------------------

Club: Alabama Contest Group

Team:

Comments:

First Sprint since 2002.

I was still setting up the logging computer and messages at the start so lost a
few minutes.  Only had one exchange message and that with MY call at the end.
That caused some confusion (and QRM during QSOs).  I'll create better message
options if there is a next time...

20M went long fairly early.  Unfortunately, so did 40M.  At 0200Z I wasn't
getting many answers to CQ's on 40M and Fresh Meat was hard to find.  Went to
80M and found NO Sprint activity, only "CQ FOC".  Went back to 20M only to hear
Big Signals from N2IC N5KO W6OAT N9RV, all calling CQ, presumably on Radio #2.
Lost 20 minutes before getting back to production on 40M.  This contest
definitely favors the West and SW!

Missed ME RI VT KY(hrd) AR ID NV UT(hrd) WV(hrd) ND VE2,4,5(hrd?),7,8

Tom N4KG in North Alabama