[3830] NA Sprint CW N3BB HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, n3bb@mindspring.com
Subject: [3830] NA Sprint CW N3BB HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Sun, 3 Feb 2013 08:50:59 -0800
                    NA Sprint CW Contest - February

Call: N3BB
Operator(s): N3BB
Station: N3BB

Class: Single Op HP
QTH:
Operating Time (hrs): 4.0
Radios: SO2R

   80:  109       2
   40:  137       4
   20:  125       2
---------------------

Club: Central Texas DX and Contest Club

Team: DFW Contest Group - Camaro

Comments:

Nice conditions, with low noise and great activity. 20 and 40 seem to "go out"
and "come back in" during the operating time, and just when 20 seemed to be
both dead and dying, and with no one left, some loud guy would answer a second
radio CQ. 40 never dies, but the activity comes and goes once most people go to
80.

Tnx to K5OT, N5TW, and W5JAW for coming over two weekends ago and helping me
take down my shorty forty two element yagi for much needed repairs. It looks so
small on the tower, but was the usual struggle to get it down and past another
ant. Then it is so large on the tower and the ground. Fortunately, it all went
well after all, and the antenna worked well, being my "pointed west" antenna to
go with the large three element Telrex pointed to the NE. I use a Stackmatch to
use them, both, or either.

My hours were 116, 93, 88, and 76, with two dupes in there that don't count in
the score. The QSO number is good, but at usual my mults are average to below
average for the number of contacts. Missed the following that were reported:
CO2, KP4, VE4, VE5, AR, and UT. Was pleased to get a low number from a NH, and
had the elusive (for me) VE6EX answer a second radio on 40. Thanks. Was very
fortunate working Bud, VA7ST for QSO number one, as I answered his BCQP CQ and
then he agreed to exchange the Sprint info with me. Apparently, he was besieged
and stopped doing that, so that was a lucky break for me, or my mults would have
been 45. Working KP2 and KP4 from here is very hard on 20 and 40, and I spent
over two minutes getting KP2RUM to patiently work with me so I could hear him
when he answered my CQ on 40. I had to turn the small 40 yagi from NW to SE to
get the info, since the signals from the Caribbean are weak and watery off the
back from here in TX. Tnx OM. Heard the NP4 but we were out of synch and never
heard him again.

Lots of Thursday night NSers on, and that exercise has generated a whole batch
of excellent oprs thanks to the NCCC and N6ZFO/NQ6N etc.

Congrats to the 400 boys and the great oprs all over the country for such a
high standard. The Sprint is so strange since, as Tree mentioned, he and I
worked pretty much the same number of contacts, but I didn't know he was on
until the last 30 seconds when we worked on 80. Tree, sorry you had that amp
failure.

Another incredible four hours on the radio. Tnx to the BARC and all the folks
taking part. There are a lot of states/provinces with only one person active,
and their participation is very important and appreciated.

73, Jim N3BB