[3830] MnQP N2WN Single Op QRP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] MnQP N2WN Single Op QRP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Sun, 3 Feb 2013 09:54:46 -0800
                    Minnesota QSO Party

Call: N2WN
Operator(s): N2WN
Station: N2WN

Class: Single Op QRP
QTH: Grainger Co., Tn.
Operating Time (hrs): 10

  160:
   80:      17
   40:      71        5
   20:     108       65
   15:       1
   10:
    6:
    2:
  UHF:
-------------------------
Total:     197       70  Mults = 82  Total Score = 43,788

Club: Tennessee Contest Group

Comments:

Another great MNQP in the log. It started out kind slow here, was having trouble
breaking through, but conditions improved as the day progressed.

The pileups were big on many of the mobiles with N0PI's being the toughest to
manage with his signal jumping all over the place particularly on 40. Hope they
fixed the problem, once I figured out the offset it was a bit easier. A couple
of the mobiles started listening a bit higher and that worked out well. I know
my signal was weak at times, but all did a great job pulling me out. Congrats
to Rich, N0HJZ for managing to maintain a frequency through the whole test.

On 15 heard more than I could work, same on 160 as it was pretty noisy. 80 was
good and did better on SSB on 20. QRM from some of the other contests,
particularly RTTY on 40 kept one on their toes.

More QSOs and multipliers this year, beat my old record. 82 of 87 counties,
heard two that I missed, think both were N0EO. Not sure if NEO was because of
the call or being a fan of "The Matrix" hihi

Great to work fellow QRPers ND0C and KE0G!

As always, thanks to those who braved the roads and travelled far and wide to
keep the rest entertained for a few hours: K0PC (26), N0IJ (24), N0HJZ (23),
W0BH (19), W0ZQ (14), N0PI (14), N0EO (13), NX0X (12), WA0MN (9), AC0W (7),
KE0G (6) and there were two (maybe more) other mobiles only caught in one
county.

Hope to catch everyone again next year, think this one is number seven for me.

72,
Julius
aka Jules
n2wn