[3830] NA Sprint CW N9RV HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, n9rvee@gmail.com
Subject: [3830] NA Sprint CW N9RV HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Sun, 3 Feb 2013 10:33:21 -0800
                    NA Sprint CW Contest - February

Call: N9RV
Operator(s): N9RV
Station: N9RV

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: MT
Operating Time (hrs): 4
Radios: SO2R

   80:  107
   40:  160
   20:  117
---------------------

Club:

Team: NCC/MRRC West

Comments:

Strong signals, good conditions, great activity.  One of the best Sprints in
years.  Rigs and antennas worked great.  Operator is another matter.  I think
my best years are behind me in this contest.

Had a dramatic moment 20 minutes into the contest when working WI0WA on 40.
Hit the Return key to send him my exchange when the radio suddenly went key
down.  Computer had crashed!  Bummer.  Did a cold boot and waited in agony for
it to come back up.  When I did I could not load my program (TR Log 7.0).
Arghhh.  I had to copy over another version -- finally was back in action after
a 4 minute drought with no QSOs.

Otherwise things were great.  QRM at times was intense.  Tried many times to
copy the number that CO2CW was sending me on 20m, but could never pull it out.
Drat!  But then was lucky enough to work him on 40 later.

Got beat out to NP4Z, never heard him again.  And W7ZRC was on?  That was news
to me.  Never heard him or any other ID station.  Or the VE5 everyone is
talking about, for that matter.

This Sprint will be hard to beat for fun and activity.  On to the Super Bowl!

  - Pat
    N9RV