[3830] MnQP K0PC Mobile Single Xmtr LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, k0pc@arrl.net
Subject: [3830] MnQP K0PC Mobile Single Xmtr LP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Sun, 3 Feb 2013 13:35:43 -0800
                    Minnesota QSO Party

Call: K0PC
Operator(s): K0PC
Station: K0PC

Class: Mobile Single Xmtr LP
QTH: MN
Operating Time (hrs): 10

  160:
   80:      12       0
   40:     863       0
   20:     411       0
   15:
   10:
    6:
    2:
  UHF:
-------------------------
Total:    1286       0  Mults = 76  Total Score = 195,472

Club: Minnesota Wireless Assn

Comments:

This was the tenth year John W9DND and I have run the MN QSO Party
in the mobile. John is a great driver and we've only been stuck
once in all those miles. Not a bad record considering the February
road conditions. This year the roads were a little bit dicey after
a couple of inches of snow on Friday. We ran behind schedule and
had to drop the last two counties.

This was a CW only operation on 80/40/20M. 40M was the star band
with over twice as many QSOs as 20M. We tried 80M late but only
netted 12 QSOs. The 1286 QSOs was a personal best and I had hopes
of cracking 1300 but needed a few more minutes. Rates started out
high at the beginning and stayed high most of the day. There were
several times I noticed the 10 minute rate in the 190s and the 60
minute rate was over 150 much of the time.

Those great rates were generated by 255 unique calls with some
very obvious heavy hitters. The Top-Ten list this year:

28 - K1ZZI, N2WN
24 - W0BV
23 - KB9S, NY4N, W8WVU, WB2ABD
20 - W9MSE
19 - N0AT
18 - N2CU, WA2VYA

The Tennessee Contact Generator (TCG) was in full operation Saturday.
I had 112 TN QSOs followed by 99 from WI, 76 in MI, 75 in NY, & 54
from OH.

We only hit 22 of our planned 24 counties and nobody had a clean
sweep but some came close.

21 - KB9S
20 - N2WN, NY4N, W9MSE
19 - K1ZZI, N0AT, WB2ABD

I thought the excitement for the day was over when the contest ended
but I found out different on the way home. It was snowing and the
roads were slick. I was on the freeway about 10 mile from home when
the semi in front of me lost a wheel off the trailer. It rolled
across four lanes of traffic, bounced off the center wall and came
back to end up in the middle of the traffic lanes. Then second of
the dual wheels came off and ended up on the exit ramp. The truck
finally stopped but I did not. It was one of those nights when you're
glad to see the driveway.

Thanks to everyone who came out to play in MNQP 2013.

73, Pat K0PC & John W9DND