[3830] RTTY WPX K4GMH SOAB HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, k4gmh@arrl.net
Subject: [3830] RTTY WPX K4GMH SOAB HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Sun, 10 Feb 2013 18:50:19 -0800
                    CQ WW RTTY WPX Contest

Call: K4GMH
Operator(s): K4GMH
Station: K4GMH

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: VA
Operating Time (hrs): 30
Radios: SO2R

------------
   80:  438
   40:  889
   20:  857
   15:  631
   10:    0
------------

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Comments:

Thanks for all the QSOs.  Good participation - always plenty of activity on the
bands I worked.

Bands I used were okay.  Eighty meters was noisy at the beginning of the
Contest on the East Coast of USA due to a big storm moving up the Coast.  The
next night, 80 m was quiet and very productive.  Did not try 10 m as just saw a
few stations spotted on 10 m.  The SFI was not encouraging to make a 10 m
effort.

Speaking of "spots" - the RTTY skimmers flooded the display and band maps with
spots of stations calling CQ.  Thanks to the gentlemen who have the skill and
take the time to install the RTTY skimmers and share with us the outputs.
Appreciated.

The only RTTY skimmer draw back for me was looking at the band maps and seeing
so many mults!  Tough decision - run or S&P for the mults.  A new factor that
adding to the challenge and fun of RTTY contesting.

Still having a RFI problem with the computer.  Thought I had reduced the
symptoms.  No change even with the input/output computer connected lines going
through ferrite RFI suppressors.  (The weight of the ferrite is approaching the
weight the 1500 W amp. xfmr:>)  Next is to get the maze of wires in back of the
op. position sorted out and hope that reduces the RFI to a level that doesn't
disturb the computer.

Again, thanks for all the QSOs.

  73,
  Mike, K4GMH