[3830] RTTY WPX KU6W(K9YC) SOAB HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, k9yc@arrl.net
Subject: [3830] RTTY WPX KU6W(K9YC) SOAB HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Sun, 10 Feb 2013 20:33:25 -0800
                    CQ WW RTTY WPX Contest

Call: KU6W
Operator(s): K9YC
Station: K9YC

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: SCV
Operating Time (hrs): 29.5
Radios: SO2R

------------
   80:  112
   40:  321
   20:  368
   15:  435
   10:   79
------------

Club: Northern California Contest Club

Comments:

Band conditions were pretty good on 20 and 15, OK on 40, but pretty poor on 10
and 80. No DX at all on 80, and not much happened on 10 until the last few
hours Sunday, when things opened a bit to JA and SE Asia. The last hour
contributed most of the 10M action, and even a few mults.

Band conditions were pretty good on 20 and 15, OK on 40, but pretty poor on 10
and 80. No DX at all on 80, and not much happened on 10 until the last few
hours Sunday, when things opened a bit to JA and SE Asia. The last hour
contributed most of the 10M action, and even a few mults.

I screwed up last year -- didn't read the rules and ran two and a half hours
overtime. Since I had done SO2R, I had to either submit as multi-op or lose the
last 2 1/2 hours. I chose to keep the points for the club effort. This year
beats last's year's score, and with three hours less time on the air. Fewer Qs
this year, but more points and more mults.

The station is playing pretty well -- the big surprise was that I was able to
run on 20 and 15 into EU! Again, very few South Americans -- RTTY doesn't seem
to be at all popular there. Thanks be to the JAs, who almost made up for it.

Thanks for all the Qs.

73, Jim K9YC