[3830] RTTY WPX K7FLI SOSB20 LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, k7fli@arrl.net
Subject: [3830] RTTY WPX K7FLI SOSB20 LP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Mon, 11 Feb 2013 06:32:29 -0800
                    CQ WW RTTY WPX Contest

Call: K7FLI
Operator(s): K7FLI
Station: K7FLI

Class: SOSB20 LP
QTH:
Operating Time (hrs): 5

------------
   80:
   40:
   20:   4
   15:
   10:
------------
Total:   4  Prefixes = 4  Total Score = 24

Club: Arizona Outlaws Contest Club

Comments:

Unfortunately this score does not reflect the actual effort.  Still a long way
from a full-time effort, but the fact that the 3 time periods I had to play
between work and home responsibilities fell at different times of the day, I
thought this would be a great opportunity for a first single-band effort.  I
chose 20M because from this QTH, 20 is always open to somewhere, regardless of
time of day.  As luck would have it, Friday night was filled with rain here,
and by Saturday morning it was clear that water had gotten into a feedline
somewhere, and my tuner was working way too hard to find a match where it used
to take a fraction of a second.  The waterlogged feedline plagued me all
weekend, and by the time I was able to start receiving well again, my signal
went on vacation somewhere, because all the stations I heard (finally!) and
tried to work could not hear me.  Ugh!  Time to go out and do some antenna and
coax maintenance, I guess.....