[3830] LaQP K5ER(WM5H) SO SSB HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, k5er@arrl.net
Subject: [3830] LaQP K5ER(WM5H) SO SSB HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Mon, 11 Feb 2013 21:06:23 -0800
                    Louisiana QSO Party

Call: K5ER
Operator(s): WM5H
Station: K5ER

Class: SO SSB HP
QTH: OUAChita
Operating Time (hrs): 11

  160:
   80:               2                      2
   40:             139                     40
   20:             375                     58
   15:              70                     22
   10:              11                      6
    6:
    2:
Total:     0       597         0          128  Total Score = 153,032

Club: LA Contest Club

Comments:

Actual score was 152,932, plus the bonus for working W5YL, giving a total of
153,032.

Usually, I do most contests as a single op, two radio. However, Bobby, WM5H and
I have had good success working together, so the thought was to just do a multi.
I have a recent new-found interest in RTTY and the 2nd most popular rtty contest
was happening the same weekend. What to do?

With a fully functional IC-761 in the left operator position, I simply split
the rig control and input for the six-pack antenna switcher, and Bobby had full
rig control and access to all antenna for the LAQP. Mean while, I used one of
the Pro-II's on the other six-pack input and ran the CQ WPX RTTY. Bobby had use
of the auto-band switching 600 watt solid state amp, which was great since it
was out of his reach. Mean-while I had his KW 922, running about 1KW. Thanks to
ICE-419 band pass filters and mono-band antenna, we never had any inter-station
interference, even though sometimes we selected antenna that were less than 5
feet apart.

This was the first time I had ever run two totally separate contests
simultaneously from my station, and we had a blast.

Many thanks to the Thibodaux Amateur Radio Club, W5YL, for sponsoring the LAQP.