[3830] RTTY WPX VE7ACN(@VE7UF) M/2 HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] RTTY WPX VE7ACN(@VE7UF) M/2 HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Wed, 13 Feb 2013 02:02:54 -0800
                    CQ WW RTTY WPX Contest

Call: VE7ACN
Operator(s): VE7JH VE7UF VE7ACN
Station: VE7UF

Class: M/2 HP
QTH: IOTA NA36 Courtenay
Operating Time (hrs): 48

------------
   80:  365
   40:  750
   20:  933
   15:  722
   10:  202
------------

Club: Orca DX and Contest Club

Comments:

I had hoped to have enough operators for a M/M entry but with only 2 other
operators being able to make it we decided to enter as M/2.  Back in Dec we
installed N1MM version 12.12 in all the stations computers.  Seemed like a
lucky number but it turned out to be a dog in M/Op serial number contests.
VE7JH and myself spent more than the first hour trying to solve the problem to
no avail.  I noticed we are not the only M/Op that had the problem which
definitely is in N1MM.  We decided to use Mike's VE7ACN call and continue with
serial numbers that added instead of being separate for each station and hope
for some consideration from the log checkers. The rest of the contest went well
without any more equipment problems. The conditions were about the same as last
year.  The 20M openings to EU were good for 3-4 morning hours both days and
Saturday morning the 15M EU opening was shorter and not good on Sunday. 10M was
very poor.  40M Was so-so and 80M was fair the first night but very noisy most
of the second night.  We came close to beating our last year's M/M posted score
of 8.21Meg and all 3 of us felt good about that.  I have lots of antenna
improvement dreams for this summer and will give most of them a good shot. Our
thanks go to all that called us.

Duane VE7UF