[3830] ARRLDX CW N4YDU SOAB LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, n4ydu@yahoo.com
Subject: [3830] ARRLDX CW N4YDU SOAB LP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Sun, 17 Feb 2013 17:35:46 -0800
                    ARRL DX Contest, CW

Call: N4YDU
Operator(s): N4YDU
Station: N4YDU

Class: SOAB LP
QTH: NC
Operating Time (hrs): 35
Radios: SO2R

  160:   56    40
   80:  167    62
   40:  363    72
   20:  451    84
   15:  437    82
   10:  306    73
-------------------
Total: 1780   413  Total Score = 2,205,420

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Comments:

I was worried that sickness a few days prior was going to keep me sidelined most
of the contest but I started to get better Friday afternoon. My operating time
and energy level was lacking because of being sick but it sure was a fun time.
Total QSOs were down about 250 for me this year but mults were up.

The low bands were awesome Friday night. 160 and 80 were runable with 100 watts
and low antennas.

10 meters produced quite a bit of excitement Sunday morning - it was nice to
have a good opening to EU.

Conditions allowed for many six-banders - always a thrill.

Station:

Two Ten Tec OMNI VI rigs

Antennas -
160 - 1/2 wave end fed L

80 - Inverted V 60 feet high

40 - 4 Square

20 - pair of 2 element delta loops at 50 feet (NE and NW)

15 - 2 element delta loop fixed NE at 60 feet

10 - 2 element yagi fixed NE at 27 feet

And various dipoles to fill in the gaps

73,

Nate/N4YDU