[3830] ARRLDX CW K3STX SO Unlimited HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, k3stx@arrl.net
Subject: [3830] ARRLDX CW K3STX SO Unlimited HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Sun, 17 Feb 2013 19:49:11 -0800
                    ARRL DX Contest, CW

Call: K3STX
Operator(s): K3STX
Station: K3STX

Class: SO Unlimited HP
QTH: MD
Operating Time (hrs): 7

  160:
   80:
   40:  317    87
   20:
   15:
   10:
-------------------
Total:  317    87  Total Score = 82,215

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Comments:

I knew I would  have limited operating time (wife just had bunion surgery, so
bed-bound), so I thought I would operate in evenings only. So operate SO 40
meter only, high power, assisted. Unfortunately, there is no such category (I
realized that only after the contest was over!), so I am SOAB-assisted with
only 40 meter QSOs!

Conditions were OK, not great. Conditions to JA were not very good in the
morning, only a few JA and a couple VK/ZL worked just before dawn. Was it
really a good idea to wake up at 5am local time for only a few Qs and a few
mults!!?? But I had fun giving my new TS-590S a workout. Unfortunately, this
morning looked up and saw my 40 meter dipole to Europe on my roof!! It USED to
be up about 50 feet, too bad for me!

Thanks for the Qs.

Paul

TS-590S and 400 watt Ameritron AL-811 amp
40 meter dipole to Europe/VK up 50 feet
100 foot long dipole with ladder line for N/S