[3830] ARRLDX CW K7BG SOAB LP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] ARRLDX CW K7BG SOAB LP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Sun, 17 Feb 2013 20:15:41 -0800
                    ARRL DX Contest, CW

Call: K7BG
Operator(s): K7BG
Station: K7BG

Class: SOAB LP
QTH:
Operating Time (hrs): 38
Radios: SO2R

  160:   20    14
   80:   75    42
   40:  182    66
   20:  466    82
   15:  426    74
   10:  117    44
-------------------
Total: 1286   328  Total Score = 1,265,424

Club: Northern Rockies DX Association

Comments:

I enjoyed it thoroughly, even if we're near the top of the sunspot cycle and the
only EU on 10 meters is skew path. With low power that means lots of waiting in
line for pileups to die down. I could hear many of the big EU sigs pretty well
on skew, but when I turned the beam to direct path their sigs would drop. I
really thought the band might open direct on Sunday morning, but it never did
here. Then things started acting disturbed and I could hear aurora on some
stateside 10 meter sigs. Shucks.

Had some good runs on Saturday, but Sunday was like sweepstakes. Endless CQing
and combing the bands. Always fun though. I worked around a dozen 6
banders--NP2N, KP2M, TO5X, KH7X, KH6LC, P40L, P40W, CR2X, PJ4X, PJ2T, VP2ME,
HK1NA, and I cant remember who else.

I should have spent more time on 40 at night instead of tuning 80 and 160
looking for mults.

Thanks to all you great ops around the globe!

2 X IC-765

160 - 1/4 sloper
80  - directional half sloper array (4)
40  - 402CD @ 95'
20  - 205 @ 83' / tribanders
15  - tribanders
10  - tribanders and 105 fixed 100 degs for skew

NA software
486 computer (20 years old)

73,
Matt--K7BG