[3830] ARRLDX CW K5IID SO Unlimited LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, k5iid@sbcglobal.net
Subject: [3830] ARRLDX CW K5IID SO Unlimited LP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Sun, 17 Feb 2013 21:31:26 -0800
                    ARRL DX Contest, CW

Call: K5IID
Operator(s): K5IID
Station: K5IID

Class: SO Unlimited LP
QTH: tx
Operating Time (hrs): 17 +/-

  160:    0     0
   80:   27    81
   40:   80    58
   20:  153    77
   15:  146    85
   10:  113    68
-------------------
Total:  519   312  Total Score = 485,784

Club: DFW Contest Group

Comments:

What a blast!
 Friday was our 44th anniversary, so there was no way I would start on time.
Plus most of the family was sick and had to take time to cater to them and
babysit the 2 year old Grand Daughter. The program shows 17 hours in the
chair,but really not an accurate accessment of how much time I actually spent
in the chair. I was running back and forth for a few Qs then back to the
family.
 I did get on for a bit Friday evening. Conditions were pretty good but 40 and
80 blew my mind! My 40/80 inverted vee sucks big time and I haven't been able
to do anything with it because of the rain/mud situation. I have a 1/2 square
for 40, but it doesn't work right yet. BUT it still usually beats the 40 inv v.
The amazing thing is that I discovered the 5 band quad at 40 feet works better
than either of my 40 meter antenna on 40! I was able to work all over
Eu/Asia/SA and even ZL with it! Blew me away! Really need to look into that
before the next test...if I can!
 I intended to operate HP but the amp didn't get connected back in line before
the start.
 40 and 80 were unbelievable. Best I have ever heard from this part of the
country. I was able to work stations that were running KW that I could barely
hear but they heard my 100 watts! Many many right in the noise Qs. Some even
ESPish!
Cu Next year I hope! 73, Tom K5IID