[3830] ARRLDX CW 3V8BB(KF5EYY) SOAB HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, ash.kf5eyy@gmail.com
Subject: [3830] ARRLDX CW 3V8BB(KF5EYY) SOAB HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Mon, 18 Feb 2013 03:16:13 -0800
                    ARRL DX Contest, CW

Call: 3V8BB
Operator(s): KF5EYY
Station: 3V8BB

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: Tunis
Operating Time (hrs): 32:19

  160:   22    12
   80:  322    44
   40:  846    54
   20:  504    54
   15:  626    53
   10:  813    50
-------------------
Total: 3133   267  Total Score = 2,508,732

Club: Rhein Ruhr DX Association

Comments:

The contest started very well on my side with 100+Q/h on 40 and 80 (which was
very noisy).

>From 7z to 12z, I was jobless after 40m closure. 20m opened late towards W/VE
and I only could start real runs after 12z. In the meantime, I went to walk
around and take some fresh air. I was surprised seeing 20m antenna beaming to
east, I remember I pointed them all to W/WE before the contest start. I went
back to shack, examined the rotor control unit: the antenna is stuck to East!
No chance to go up and repair; I'm not so courageous and I fear heights!
Fortunately, the Pro-67 is there with its 3 Elements for 20.

I spent few time on 20 then quickly moved to 15. I stayed there for more than 2
hours as I never imagined 10m would be open. I QSYed to 10 at 15z to realized
how wrong I was! No problem, there's still a lot to grab! Pile-ups were
tremendous and I made my best CW Rate ever; 183 QSOs in 1 hour!

The bands close very early, I went back to 15 at 17z then to 20. Bands donâ??t
look to be in good shape!

At 22z I decided to take 1-hour nap to be ready for another low bands round. My
phone failed to wake me up, shame! I slept for 4 hours; fortunately, the couch
is not comfortable enough for more! ï??

Struggled to get some mults on the extremely noisy 160.
Conditions were much better on the high bands compared with Saturday. 10m was
wonderful, I made nice 100+ hour rates. Then, something strange started to
happen; tens of dupes sneak to my log! I really cannot explain what happened!
All together! â??Hey guys, I didnâ??t lose my log to call me again!â?? That was
a bit frustrating and was slowing my rate and I decided not to put them in log
anymore.

Nevertheless, as always, I was thrilled working W/WE Stations; as if theyâ??re
lined up in a queue and they come one by one! All stations can be worked; I do
have some QRP stations in the log! Thank you for the extremely professional
operating behavior!

I intend to upload the audio recording after the log submission deadline
â??insh-Allahâ??.

Congratulations to all stations and the winners and hope to see you in the next
contest!

 - Paths range from 6000 to 11000km.
 - Six Bands Stations: K1FWE, K1LZ, K3LR, N3RR, N8DE, NQ4I, NY4A, VE3JM, W3LPL,
W5RU, WK1Q
 - Not worked mults: YT, NT, NU

QSL: LotW, LX1NO or Direct via QRZ.com

73