[3830] ARRLDX CW K9CT M/2 HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] ARRLDX CW K9CT M/2 HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Mon, 18 Feb 2013 07:01:42 -0800
                    ARRL DX Contest, CW

Call: K9CT
Operator(s): K3WA, K9CT, K9ZO, KB9OWD, NK9E, WE9V
Station: K9CT

Class: M/2 HP
QTH: IL
Operating Time (hrs): 48

  160:   79    49
   80:  428    88
   40: 1378   122
   20: 1524   118
   15: 1694   120
   10:  715   102
-------------------
Total: 5818   599  Total Score = 10,392,051

Club: Society of Midwest Contesters

Comments:

We had a great deal of fun! Our goal was to beat our W9 record from last year
and we succeeded. Our score was posted on cqcontest.ru live and enjoyed
watching K5GO and KB1H. Having a "horse race" kept us focused and added much
excitement to our team. I wish everyone did this.

Chad, WE9V joined the team for the first team and we thank him and Ryan, KB9OWD
for driving in from Wisconsin. Thanks to the entire team for their efforts and
enthusiasm...the food was good too!.

40, 80 and 160 seemed the best the first evening and then started to decline
with the EU sunrise. The condx never really recovered to EU and JA on those
bands the rest of the test. 10m was on marginally open the first day but was
very good on the second. Rates on 20 and 15 were very good both days. There
seemed to be some absorption on the path from our location to EU and JA than
others further south and east did not have.

Murphy visited a few times but we recovered quickly and worked around him. We
have a couple of issues that need to be fixed but need some good wx to do. I
hope to get these done before SSB weekend.

73 and thanks for the qsos.

Craig K9CT