[3830] ARRLDX CW JG1VGX/M SOAB LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, jg1vgx@jarl.com
Subject: [3830] ARRLDX CW JG1VGX/M SOAB LP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Mon, 18 Feb 2013 07:19:10 -0800
                    ARRL DX Contest, CW

Call: JG1VGX/M
Operator(s): JG1VGX
Station: JG1VGX/M

Class: SOAB LP
QTH: Kashima, Ibaraki
Operating Time (hrs):

  160:    0     0
   80:    8     3
   40:  110    27
   20:   88    31
   15:  152    35
   10:   41    16
-------------------
Total:  399   112  Total Score = 134,064

Club:

Comments:

- Mobile on the Beach -

For this event I have decided to go mobile. For best performance, I drove 100km
from Tokyo to the eastern coast of Japan where the beach is facing northeast
towards North America. Parked as close as possible to the beach so that there's
 nothing but salt water (Pacific Ocean) behind my antenna. Super location for
ARRL contests from here! The results were impressive for just 50W of PWR and a
whip whose element is only two meters long.

STATES/PROVINCES WORKED
    1  2  3  4  5     6  7     8  9  0  VE
 80                   CA NV          CO
 40       MD FL AR TX CA AZ OR OH IL CO AB
          PA GA LA       ID UT    IN IA BC
                NM       MT WA    WI KS
                OK       NV          NE
 20 CT NJ MD GA AR    CA AZ OR OH IL CO AB
    MA NY PA TN LA       ID UT    WI IA BC
    NH       VA NM       MT WA       NE ON
                TX       NV
 15 CT NJ MD FL AR OK CA AZ OR OH IL CO AB
    MA NY PA GA LA TX    ID UT    IN IA BC
    RI       NC MS       MT WA    WI MN
             VA NM       NV          NE
 10          GA AR TX CA AZ OR       CO
                LA       ID UT       KS
                NM       MT WA
                OK       NV

Rig: IC-706mkII (50W)
Ant: Diamond MD-200 (base loaded whip, element is 2 meters long)
QTH: Kashima city, Ibaraki