[3830] ARRLDX CW KE1J(@K1IR) SO Unlimited HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, lars@glenelg.com
Subject: [3830] ARRLDX CW KE1J(@K1IR) SO Unlimited HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Mon, 18 Feb 2013 20:08:14 -0800
                    ARRL DX Contest, CW

Call: KE1J
Operator(s): KE1J
Station: K1IR

Class: SO Unlimited HP
QTH: MA
Operating Time (hrs): 39

  160:    0     0
   80:    0     0
   40:  891    98
   20:  640    98
   15:  772   102
   10:  320    80
-------------------
Total: 2623   378  Total Score = 2,973,348

Club: Yankee Clipper Contest Club

Comments:

First of all, big thanks to Jim, K1IR, for letting me use his station.

With no 160 or 80 antenna available my plan was to run single 40.
When I turned on the radio before the start I realized that we had big time
noise problem. The noise level was anything from S8 to S9+15 depending on the
direction of the yagi so a serious 40 was out of the question.
Thankfully the noise was only S8 towards Europe on 40 and with the help of the
noise blanker it could be as low as S3/4 on the higher bands. Anything south
had S9+ noise on all bands.

Looks like it is a power pole down the roadâ?¦.

Side note 1.
It will be interesting to see how much my score will be reduced.

Side note 2.
When I came home the XYL asked how it went. Told her about the noise problem
and she just said, â??Why didnâ??t you just come home?â??
My only answer was â??Iâ??m addicted to this contest thing!â??