[3830] ARRLDX CW VP9/W6PH(@VP9GE) SOAB LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, w6ph@aol.com
Subject: [3830] ARRLDX CW VP9/W6PH(@VP9GE) SOAB LP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Tue, 19 Feb 2013 10:30:13 -0800
                    ARRL DX Contest, CW

Call: VP9/W6PH
Operator(s): W6PH
Station: VP9GE

Class: SOAB LP
QTH: Bermuda
Operating Time (hrs): 41.3

  160:  347    48
   80:  613    56
   40: 1007    58
   20: 1163    59
   15:  701    57
   10:  367    46
-------------------
Total: 4198   324  Total Score = 4,080,456

Club: Yankee Clipper Contest Club

Comments:

IC-7000  N1MM

160  Inverted L
80   Dipole at 25 feet
40   Dipole at 30 feet
20-10 A4S at 30 feet

The new 80m dipole really worked well.  I am still at a disadvantage from the
Carib stations on 10m who enjoy a much better propagation.  160m doesn't make
up for the deficit.

I had problems using N1MM due to inexperience.  It would frequently send things
that I didn't want it to send.  It is a good logging program but a little too
much automation for me.

I thank my host Ed VP9GE for his hospitality.  This is my 13th year operating
from his station in the ARRL DX contests.

I will be operating VP9I with WA1Z as a multi-single for ARRL Phone.

                            73, Kurt W6PH