[3830] ARRLDX CW VP2ME M/2 HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, halken@comcast.net
Subject: [3830] ARRLDX CW VP2ME M/2 HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Wed, 20 Feb 2013 01:53:21 -0800
                    ARRL DX Contest, CW

Call: VP2ME
Operator(s): W9RE, N5OT, AA4NC, N4GG, W6DR
Station: VP2ME

Class: M/2 HP
QTH: Montserrat
Operating Time (hrs): 48.0

  160:  501    55
   80: 1105    58
   40: 1657    58
   20: 1762    59
   15: 1913    59
   10: 2209    59
-------------------
Total: 9147   348  Total Score = 9,549,468

Club:

Comments:

Another fun contest for our M/2 operating team.  Congratulations to the TI5W
crew for their great M/2 effort â?" and with only three ops!  Log checking will
tell the story.

Conditions were excellent and it was a real thrill to break through the
existing NA and world M/2 records.  We ran the legal limit for VP2M which is
1000W, although at times a smaller amp was used at 500W.  10M had sounded poor
for the preceding week and turned out to be a pleasant surprise.  Saturday 10
and 15 were bottomless pits and Sunday was nearlly as good.  Our problems
centered on 160 and to a lesser degree 80.  Accurate signals reports indicated
we were not loud on 160 and our low band receive antenna wound up not working,
with no time to make it right.  Our missing mult compared to the competition
was VE4 on 160.  At least twice, the radios somehow went into split and we had
5-10 minutes of â??no callers.â??  If you were calling us then, sorry about
that!

A BIG thank you to George Briggs K2DM, who founded the station and allowed us
free run and use of the place, and David and Clover Lea, the proprietors of
Gingerbread Hill.  Montserrat and Gingerbread Hill are a perfect QTH - friendly
people, fantastic weather and a view to the ocean that could make you look away
from your radio.

73,
AA4NC, N4GG, N5OT, W6DR, W9RE