[3830] ARRLDX CW N6GQ(@K9YC) SOAB HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, jeff@n6gq.com
Subject: [3830] ARRLDX CW N6GQ(@K9YC) SOAB HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Fri, 22 Feb 2013 05:56:58 -0800
                    ARRL DX Contest, CW

Call: N6GQ
Operator(s): N6GQ
Station: K9YC

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: CA
Operating Time (hrs): 5
Radios: SO2R

  160:          3
   80:         20
   40:         38
   20:         25
   15:         13
   10:         10
-------------------
Total:  294    64  Total Score = 94,608

Club: Northern California Contest Club

Comments:

Thanks to K9YC for inviting me to use his FB station in the Redwoods!

I had hoped to do a KB effort in this contest, as its been a while since I've
been on the air, but it was clear in the first couple hours that wasn't going
to happen, I was feeling sick by about 0300z and so by about 0400z or so I was
ready to go try to sleep it off. So I did, and returned around 1400z to try
again, and lasted about an hour or so before I threw in the towel and went
home. I had work travel coming on Monday and needed to be on my game for that,
and so I ended up sleeping the whole weekend to try to recover. Oh well, maybe
ARRL SSB or WPX SSB I can do a better effort.

The station played very well, I felt loud always. The highlight was A65BP
answering my CQ on 80M Saturday morning...and UU7J's phenomenal 80M signal
(10-20 over S9).