[3830] NAQP RTTY KU5B(@NX5M) M/2 LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, colin@ku5b.com
Subject: [3830] NAQP RTTY KU5B(@NX5M) M/2 LP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Sat, 23 Feb 2013 22:19:49 -0800
                    North American QSO Party, RTTY - February

Call: KU5B
Operator(s): KU5B, NX5M, AD5OS
Station: NX5M

Class: M/2 LP
QTH: Somerville, TX
Operating Time (hrs): 12

   80:  207    51
   40:  355    52
   20:  491    53
   15:  379    52
   10:   27    13
-------------------
Total: 1459   221  Total Score = 322,439

Club: Worldwide Young Contesters

Team:

Comments:

Fun. This was an almost-didn't-happen contest as I lost an operator late in the
week.

Brian, AD5OS came out to operate for the first time and, I think, had a good
time. He received a bit of coaching at the start but ran 20 and 40 like he knew
what he was doing. Luckily, RTTY isn't rocket science.

Bob, NX5M had a really great time chasing the carraige returns up the decoder
screen. We knew it when it happened, too; nuff said.

Station played beautifully. The 40m antennas that broke during my CW Spring
outing were fixed and never failed. In fact, nothing did.

We entered last July with the intention of getting the hang of RTTY and did so
well we thought we'd come back for more. 80 was better but 10 was quite poor.

I added a few tips and tricks since July and have a couple more in mind for
this coming July.

Thanks to Brian for helping immensely and Bob for sticking it out through a
sore throat (good thing this wasn't SSB weekend).

And, thanks for the moves. We enjoyed seeing people graciously move for us.

See you in WPX SSB as NX5M.

Colin "Bob" KU5B
Bob "Real Bob" NX5M
Brian AD5OS