[3830] NAQP RTTY N9TF Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, gene_n9tf@yahoo.com
Subject: [3830] NAQP RTTY N9TF Single Op LP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Sun, 24 Feb 2013 07:37:57 -0800
                    North American QSO Party, RTTY - February

Call: N9TF
Operator(s): N9TF
Station: N9TF

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: IL
Operating Time (hrs): 4.5

   80:   60    26
   40:   57    28
   20:   23    15
   15:    1     1
   10:
-------------------
Total:  141    70  Total Score = 9,870

Club: Society of Midwest Contesters

Team: SMC #5

Comments:

Murphy is still creeping around the shack, and my time was limited a bit more
with family obligations most of Saturday afternoon.
After fixing the shorted RF choke on the D4 dipole, and adding some filters to
all for direct TV receivers, I have eliminated 3 of the 4 RFI issues. One box
remains a problem, which happens to be the box that is fed with the BiasT box
for power to the dish. It is definitely getting noise to that box, and
coincidentally, the interference seems to be happening when the internal tuner
in the ProIII is engaged and tuning in RTTY mode only! More work to do.
Ended up running on the 80m dipole on all bands with my manual MFJ versa tuner,
which seemed to let the family watch the main TV in the family room without the
receiver box resetting itself.
Wished I had more time and wasn't distracted by RF issues.

Operating conditions: Icom 756 ProIII 100 watts, to and 80 meter dipole fixed
broadside NE/SW at 35'.

73 Gene, N9TF